Friday, March 21, 2014

One pattern a week challenge: Week 3

 This challenge has been such a good idea.  It's really forcing myself to get more work done!

      So for this week I saw that spoonflower was having a contest.  The theme was whales but with a restricted color palette.  The palette so happened to be pastel shades and I absolutely loved the colors so I had to give it a shot! (and I've been wanting to draw whales!!)

     
     I challenged myself even more and decided to play with more than two "pieces".  I usually only use two pieces -- Like my corgi or bird and cage patterns.  They're really simple.  I struggled with this one mostly cause of the fishes.  Every time I placed them somewhere, they looked weird when I repeated them. 

I think the end result came out alright! :)




1 comment: