Friday, March 7, 2014

One pattern a week challenge: Week 1

      So on my last post I mentioned I wanted to start this challenge to force myself to draw so atleast I can keep expanding on my portfolio!

        February was by far the worst art slump I've ever had.  So I need to get out of it!

       Actually, I've been doing a lot of research on wholesale greeting cards vs. licensing so I'm learning a lot. Kate Harper's Blog has been helping me SO much! It's wonderful to see all the information fellow artists give out. :)


So this week's pattern:


         I cheated a little and used this cage from the previous pattern I made. Although, I personally think that's the beauty of pattern design. you can make so many new pattern with existing images. So I've been saving all my .ai files so I can reuse them! Even the dot pattern is from another pattern I made previously!  And I just drew the bird and put it together!






No comments:

Post a Comment