Monday, January 27, 2014

How do you motivate yourself?

Seeing people work so hard to achieve their dream is really inspirational.. but it's so difficult to force myself to do something. Not everyone can wake themselves in the morning and work on art at home.
I know it sounds pathetic because I am trying to freelance yet I'm too lazy to do so. So maybe freelancing isn't my "thing"?

But I want it to be.

I have some friends who went to art school and is failing to get themselves in a career based on art (or basically do what they really want to do) and I think we all go to art school thinking we're going to love our jobs in the future. Thats why we pay so much money to go.. yet why is it so hard to motivate ourselves?

I'm still struggling with this. I noticed when my schedule is tight I'm motivated to do so much but I have no time.. but when I have like 3 days off in a row I'm too lazy to do anything.
But if I have a deadline I'll make myself work. So if it's deadlines that makes me work, how do I make myself believe everything has a deadline?




This is pattern design I rushed when I saw that spoonflower was giving out free swatches..
I always think "Well if I had more time..." "If I didn't rush it.." "If I started earlier..."

A little more melancholic of a post but... I guess I'm tired of feeling frustrated... yet I still can't figure out what to do so... 

How do you motivate yourself?

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha. I have the same issue. I put a magnetic board next to my computer and I wrote, "FOCUS! NO internet, NO email!" Then I write on a scrap of paper what my project is (both for freelance or personal) and then put it on the board with a magnet. That way when I sit at my computer - it's staring at me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do write out a list of projects.. I guess I should have one goal for the day to keep myself really focused.

      Thanks!

      Delete